October 15, 2016.
This marked the start of the Annual Election Period, and when agents could start selling over-65 health insurance plans. Have you hit the ground running?
If you haven’t, there’s still time—but you must act fast. While the Annual Election Period window is short (October 15 – December 7, 2016), it presents a significant opportunity to write a lot of business!
As a reminder, here are 3 reasons why you should sell Medicare this Annual Election Period:
- Longer policy duration than under-65 plans
- Higher lifetime value and worth 7 x’s more (on average) than a major medical policy
- According to CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) enrollment in Medicare and Medicaid increased to 119 million in 2014, and it could rise again to 150 million in 2025.
Help Aging Seniors Get the Coverage They Need1.
While individuals are not required to re-enroll in Medicare each year, Agents can review, change, and expand plans if needed. Once individuals have Medicare Parts A & B, you can begin explaining Medicare coverage options and guide them through the enrollment process to help them find the coverage that’s right for their unique needs.
During This Time Period, You Can Assist Consumers with the Following1:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage plan
- Change Medicare Advantage plans
- Find a new Medicare Advantage plan that offers prescription drug coverage
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug plan
- Switch from one Prescription Drug plan to another
REMEMBER! You must complete your AHIP Certification before you can sell.
GoHealth Has the Solutions You Need to Hit the Ground Running This AEP.
- Certification Guides
- AHIP and carrier-specific guides to aid in navigating seemingly complicated certification processes
- Compliance Resources/Job Aids
- Guides and trainers available to teach agents the CMS-compliant processes for meeting with consumers, presenting their options and facilitating their enrollments
- Lead Sourcing Expertise
- Industry-leading knowledge in senior-lead sourcing options
Contact GoHealth today to get moving!
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
Sources: 1. “When Can I Join a Health or Drug Plan?” Medicare.gov: The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, n.d. Web. 27 Sept. 2016.