Great News! The new, enhanced Short Term Medical plan is coming August 30th.
National General is excited to announce the enhanced STM PPO product will be available in 14 states on August 30th. You’ll be able start selling in AL, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MT, NV, SC, TX, WI, and WV.
Here’s a glimpse of what they have to look forward to:
The new plan offers 4 levels of benefit options to choose from:
- Essentials PPO
- Enhanced PPO
- Copay Enhanced PPO, as the name implies, the Copay Enhanced PPO features Office Visit and Prescription Drug copays!
- Guaranteed Issue PPO
Note on Texas: Texas will offer the current Passive network, same as it does today, but will include the new benefit options.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Renewability riders that allow for clients to apply for up to a FULL 3 YEARS of coverage
- Next-day effective dates
- No waiting period for preventive services, and the waiting period is waived on sickness if the effective date is more than 7 days out from the application date
- Plans are portable, coverage will not terminate when members move to a new state
- Discounted rates for non-smokers, plans with 2 or more members, single pay, and they still offer the discount for plans with durations of 6 months or less in select states
- The 12×2 and 6×4 consecutive plan option will still be available
This is neither legal nor accounting advice. If you have questions, please consult a lawyer or accountant. The information included in this post was provided by the entity referenced herein.