Today, there is an urgency and need for agents to write Medicare policies. What’s more is that the value agents can earn writing a Medicare policy is greater than writing an under-65 policy. How much more, you ask?
A Medicare policy is worth on average 7x’s the major medical policy and can last up to 6–10 years.
Medicare products offer higher lifetime value with a longer payback period than under-65 plans
A More Stable Market
Additionally, Medicare is by far and wide a more stable market than under-65. Just look at Aetna’s recent announcement about 2017, and how they will be in just 242 counties (down from 778) and remain on-exchange in just four states: Delaware, Iowa, Nebraska, and Virginia.
Worried about potential roadblocks in Medicare? Don’t be. We know how you can overcome 3 roadblocks which agents have indicated has slowed them from moving into this space.
Non-Medicare producing agents indicate these three factors as the source of their hesitancy:
- Cumbersome certification processes
- Concerns over compliance regulations
- Lead sourcing opportunities and costs
Fortunately, GoHealth has the solutions to ease your transition:
- Certification Guides
- AHIP and carrier-specific guides to aid in navigating seemingly complicated certification processes
- Compliance Resources/Job Aids
- Guides and trainers available to teach agents the CMS-compliant processes for meeting with consumers, presenting their options and facilitating their enrollments
- Lead Sourcing Expertise
- Industry-leading knowledge in senior-lead sourcing options
Ready to overcome these roadblocks and increase the value of your policies? Contact GoHealth to get started today.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.